Glutathione has been termed as the “mother of all antioxidants.” The potential benefits of glutathione have become one of the hottest subjects of discussion in both medical and natural health fields. Numerous studies have been conducted to analyze the effects of this powerhouse molecule.
Experts increasingly recognize that the deficiency of glutathione in the body occurs due to infections, premature aging, injuries, chronic stress, environmental toxins, GM foods, artificial sweeteners, excessive use of antibiotics, and certain so-called health foods.
Compounding pharmacy has progressed significantly in the field of developing glutathione supplementation. American Integrative Pharmacy produces a prescription glutathione that has therapeutic outcomes not available in non-prescription forms because the potencies are not high enough. AIP provides prescription glutathione to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, other Southern California areas and nationwide.
Glutathione (GSH) is a peptide made of three vital amino acids that play various crucial roles in the body. Researchers in the area of longevity believe that it is so important to human health that the level of GSH in the human cells is becoming a predictor of how long a human being will live.
GSH is so critical for health because it is produced in every cell of the body. Experts say that it is the body’s most important antioxidant because it exists within the cell. GHS is vital to maintaining a healthy immune system, but it is not exactly a “nutrient” because the body can produce it from the amino acids.
Functions Supported by Glutathione
GSH is responsible for some of the key functions, such as:
- It conjugates with medications to make them more digestible.
- It is a helper molecule or co-factor for some major enzymes to protect against oxidative damage.
- It is involved in the rearrangement of protein disulfide bond, which helps in the biogenesis of many human proteins.
- It cuts down peroxides or natural bleaching agents that can harm the body.
- It participates in the production of leukotriene, which is a major component for inflammatory and hypersensitivity reactions.
- It supports the detoxification of fat in the liver before bile is released, which helps to reduce gallbladder stress.
- It helps in the detoxification of methylglyoxal, a toxic metabolic byproduct.
- It counters cancer apoptosis or programmed cell death.
- It promotes T-cell function, which is vital to building a robust immune system.
- It helps prevent resistance to drugs.
- It provides protection against environmental toxins.
AIP offers a wide range of compounding pharmacy services, including online prescription refills, to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, other Southern California areas and nationwide.
Role in Cancer Resistance
In GSH research, one of the prominent areas currently under examination is its role in cancer resistance. According to some studies, elevated levels of glutathione in tumor cells help to protect such cells in breast, colon, bone marrow, larynx, and lung cancers. The reverse is also true because GSH deficiency can create oxidative stress, contributing to cancer development.
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Lomita, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Torrance and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.