American Integrative: A Compounding Pharmacy that Supports Your Unique Weight Loss Goals
For the millions of Americans who are severely obese and suffering from long-term weight-related health problems, weight loss surgery—also known as bariatric surgery or metabolic surgery—can help stimulate significant weight loss and real relief from medical conditions typically associated with obesity. Although there are a variety of different types of bariatric surgery, all of them to some extent reduce the size of the stomach and/or small intestine, facilitating weight loss through:
- Appetite suppression: limits the amount of food you can eat at any given time, so you “feel full” with less food
- Restricting absorption: reduces the amount of calories your body can absorb as food passes through the digestive system
Yet the same surgical techniques that facilitate weight loss can also create challenges when it comes to managing long-term nutrition and medications. For instance, a smaller stomach pouch and/or small intestine can restrict your body’s ability to absorb necessary vitamins and minerals, and make it more difficult for your body to process medications. Even taking pills can be a challenge, as large pills and capsules can get stuck in the smaller stomach pouch. Moreover, dosing requirements can change quickly due to weight loss and changes in chronic health conditions.
Overcoming these challenges requires a specialized approach spearheaded by a medical team that understands the long-term implications of bariatric surgery. At American Integrative, our goal is to ensure that you have access to medications and supplements specifically designed to support your weight loss journey. We will work closely with you, your surgeon, and your support network to create specially-compounded medications and supplements that will facilitate your medical and nutritional needs while enabling a healthy lifestyle.
Why Choose A Compounding Pharmacy like American Integrative for Your Bariatric Medications?
Your weight loss journey is as unique as you are, so it is important that your medications and supplements be tailored to meet your unique nutritional and medical requirements. All of our products are individually compounded from the highest-quality ingredients and come in a variety of formulations, so you can be certain you are getting the correct medications in the right dosages. We can help you overcome the long-term challenges created by your weight loss surgery by:
- Formulating liquid, sublingual, or chewable medications, so you can avoid the use of capsules or pills that may not be swallowed or absorbed properly
- Avoiding additives like sugars or sugar alcohols that you may not be able to tolerate
- Frequently evaluating medication dosages to account for weight loss and malabsorption issues
- Customizing vitamin and nutrient supplements to meet your unique dietary needs
- Creating immediate-release medications, as extended-release versions may augment absorption concerns
- Providing topical NSAID pain-relief ointments to replace the use of oral aspirin and NSAIDs which can increase risk of ulcers
- Working with your medical to constantly evaluate medication requirements due to the potential reduction of chronic health concerns like Type 2 Diabetes
Significant weight loss is never easy, and although bariatric surgery can be a highly-effective method of facilitating weight loss, it still requires a long-term commitment to serious dietary and lifestyle changes. Sustaining these changes in a real and lasting manner can be challenging, but with proper support, especially from your medical team and the staff at American Integrative, achieving your weight loss goals is within your reach!
Contact American Integrative Pharmacy
Every patient is unique and deserves medications and supplements that are just as unique. At American Integrative Pharmacy, we pride ourselves on our ability to customize uniquely formulated medications based on state-of-the-art medicinal and pharmacological knowledge and utilizing safer, more effective compounds and dosing mechanisms. A leading compounding pharmacy in southern California and fully-licensed in multiple states across the country, our highly skilled, highly trained pharmacists work directly with both patients and physicians to create specialized medicinal therapies from the highest quality ingredients and meeting the highest possible safety standards.
American Integrative Pharmacy: Where the old fashioned neighborhood pharmacy of yesterday meets the high tech pharmacy of tomorrow. Contact us today to learn more about how our customized bariatric compounds can support you during your weight loss journey! We look forward to hearing from you today.