Celiac Disease Treatment with LDN
Celiac disease, also known as gluten-sensitive enteropathy or celiac sprue, is an immune reaction to ingesting gluten. This is a protein found in rye, barley, and wheat. When people with celiac disease eat gluten, it triggers an immune response in their small intestine. Over a period of time, this reaction causes damage to the lining of the small intestine. It also prevents the intestine from absorbing nutrients or creates malabsorption.
Intestinal damage results in fatigue, diarrhea, weight loss, anemia, bloating, and other serious complications. Malabsorption in children can affect growth and development.
American Integrative Pharmacy (AIP), led by Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides safe and proven compounding medications to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Symptoms of Celiac Disease
Signs and symptoms of celiac disease can vastly differ in adults and children. Digestive symptoms in adults include:
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
However, over 50% adults with celiac disease have signs and symptoms that are unrelated to the digestive system. This includes:
- Osteoporosis or loss of bone density
- Osteomalacia or softening of the bone
- Iron deficiency resulting in anemia
- Mouth ulcers
- Dermatitis herpetiformis or blistery and itchy skin rash
- Joint pain
- Nervous system injury
- Hyposplenism or reduced functioning of the spleen
Treating Symptoms of Celiac Disease with LDN
Naltrexone is an opiate antagonist and is typically used in treating addiction to morphine and heroine. The dose of treating addictions is usually between 50 and 300mg per day. Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN), as the name suggests, is a reduced dosage of naltrexone. LDN is usually 10% of the typical addiction treatment dosage, which is usually 5mg per day.
Naltrexone, when provided at these lowered dosages, exhibits anti-inflammatory and analgesia properties that are not reported at conventional dosages. LDN is a safe treatment in use for over 2 decades. It has been used to treat a variety of conditions involving immune dysregulation, chronic inflammation, and Celiac disease.
Functioning of LDN in the Body
There are multiple mechanisms to LDN therapy which work together for producing desired benefits. Most experts have witnessed significant improvements in over 80% treated patients.
- LDN increases secretion of endorphins in the body that are useful in relieving pain, reducing inflammation, and providing a natural happy feeling.
- LDN enhances the release of inflammation reducing Opioid Growth Factor (OGF). These work powerfully for control tumor cell growth and auto-immune responses.
- LDN helps in reducing inflammatory immune cell signaling through Toll-like Receptor-4. When immune lookout cells get hyperactive, they cause the immune system to become overly busy. This can worsen or cause inflammatory and auto immune responses. The lookout cells are present all over the body, including the brain and the gut.
- LDN is responsible for calming the glial cells in the nervous system. 70% of the immune system is made of glial cells which an either protect or cause inflammation in the nerve pathways.
AIP provides advanced compounding pharmacy solutions, including online prescription refills to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Contact Us For More Information about American Integrative Pharmacy’s Online Compound Prescriptions
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Torrance, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Lomita and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.