Breaking Down Bi-Est (Estriol/Estradiol)

Breaking Down Bi-Est (Estriol/Estradiol)

iStock_000007556648SmallEstradiol is a relatively powerful estrogen form while estriol is a form of estrogen which is quite mild. Estriol, being a gentle estrogen form, can balance the robust effects of estradiol.

American Integrative Pharmacy (AIP), led by the compassionate Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides safe and proven compounding treatments to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and nationwide.

Combining Estriol and Estradiol

Estradiol treatment in isolation can lead to tenderness in the breasts, further aggravate fibrocystic breast disease, cause weight gain in the stomach area, and heighten the risk for uterine cancers by increasing the endometrial proliferation/lining and moodiness.

Estriol treatment by itself is too feeble to address the menopausal symptoms in most women. This is the reason that in treating these conditions with Biest, estriol can decrease the substantial impact of estradiol while still successfully providing relief from menopausal symptoms as well as anti-aging benefits.

Biest treatment is available in various forms such as gels, creams, capsules, suppositories, sublingual and troche. Furthermore, if the physician requires Biest in a specific ratio of estriol to estradiol for the patient’s hormone treatment, it can be customized as well.

Biest is most commonly available in a ratio of 80:20 where estriol forms 80 percent of the dose and estradiol composes the remaining 20 percent. The flexibility that Biest offers makes it customizable for the treatment of menopausal symptoms and aging to suit the needs of different patients.

Dose Delivery

Biest comes in the form of sublingual compounds, capsules, and transdermal cream or gel. These are the most common preparations of Biest in use. Significantly, while the percentage of estrogens defines the compound, pharmacies make variations in the total mg Biest dosage that they dispense.

For instance, one particular pharmacy may develop a 1.25 mg Biest preparation (containing 0.25 mg estradiol and 1.0 mg estriol) while another one may develop a 2.5 mg Biest preparation (containing 0.5 mg estradiol with 2.0 mg estriol). Therefore, the total preparation weight in mg that is dispensed by a specific pharmacy is the most vital factor in comprehending the estrogen doses used by patients.


Estriol potency ranges between 1/10 and 1/100 that of estradiol. 1/80 is the most cited. This leads one to believe that any advantages of Biest for the relief of menopausal symptoms may be more related to the estradiol element instead of the estriol element.

Does Biest usage have any advantage over more traditional medicines? The answer to this question is probably. The reason behind this is that Biest is made of a combination of the most robust estrogen that the patient’s body manufacturers naturally (estradiol) and a more feeble, protective estrogen (estriol).

In comparison to the pill form, Biest as cream has also been proven by recent research to reduce swelling, reduce conversion to estrone (this is an estrogen form that creates interference with weight loss leading to bloating and minimizing the advantages of estradiol) and impede HGH production.

American Integrative Pharmacy receives patients from Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and other neighborhoods and suburbs in this part of the country for a wide range of compounding treatments.

For more information on compound pharmacy medications available or to make an online prescription purchase, please click here or call Toll Free 1-855-247-7948.

Online refill button

American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Lomita, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Torrance and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.

Comments are closed.

23326 Hawthorne Blvd.
Skypark Bldg. 10, Ste. 185
Torrance, CA 90505

Follow Us

Contact Us

    Map of our office