Nipple Ointment All Purpose (APNO)
American Integrative Pharmacy provides Nipple Ointment All Purpose (APNO). This is a provide medication that breastfeeding mothers use to treat sore nipples. It can help with dry or cracked nipple skin, can reduce inflammation and is antibacterial.
Sore nipples and breastfeeding go hand in hand. These are usually because of a poor latch. However, they can also develop because of blebs, thrush, mastitis, vasospasms, new pregnancy, and by using a breast pump incorrectly. Nipple dryness and other symptoms can be relieved by using the APNO treatment offered by AIP.
American Integrative Pharmacy (AIP), led by Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides safe and proven compounding medications to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Steps for Sore Nipple Relief
These steps can help alleviate sore nipple issues:
- Use APNO nipple cream from AIP in combination with a moisturizing cream
- Take a break from the activity that causes irritation
- Wear softer materials
- Wear a supportive bra
- Use colloidal oatmeal for reducing inflammation and dryness
Sore nipples can be caused by a number of reasons. This makes it important to treat the problem at root level. The situation is made worse by low quality moisturizers and nipple creams.
You should make sure to choose an all-purpose nipple cream, such as APNO from AIP. This contains only high-quality ingredients. You may require a prescription medication if your sore nipples are because of a medical issue.
Pregnancy and Dry Nipples
Pregnancy can cause your nipples to become sore, tender, and dry. Hormones play a major role in causing the nipples to become irritated or dry during pregnancy. A woman’s breasts may undergo several changes when progesterone and estrogen levels change. This includes:
Breastfeeding and Dry Nipples
Breastfeeding can cause chapped, dry, and sore nipples. Approximately, 80 – 90% women experience fissures and nipple pain when they start breastfeeding. Infants tend to suckle aggressively. Your nipples can be left feeling sore, dry, and chafed when you start feeding your baby frequently.
Additionally, breastfeeding can also leave you more susceptible to thrush which can pass back and forth between your nipples and the baby’s mouth.
Prevention is the Best Cure
These are a few steps that you can consider taking to prevent the common causes of dry nipples:
- Try wearing shirts that do not rub against your chest or nipples while exercising or carrying out brisk activities. You should consider changing your bra to a better material that doesn’t cause as much friction. Friction leads to irritated and dry nipples.
- You can protect nipple chafing by placing adhesive bandages over the nipples before running or working out.
- Nipple irritation becomes worse if you stimulate the nipples when they are feeling chafed or dry.
- Avoiding allergens is the best way for preventing nipple dryness in people that are allergic to certain substances and materials. Wash away the allergen quickly if your nipples come in contact with the substance.
- Thrush can be prevented by keeping the nipples dry, cool, and clean.
Several conditions affecting the breasts can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle. This includes breast cancer. You should make efforts to eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
AIP provides advanced compounding pharmacy solutions, including online prescription refills to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Contact Us For More Information about American Integrative Pharmacy’s Online Compound Prescriptions
For more information on compound pharmacy medications available or to make an online prescription purchase, please click here or call Toll Free 1-855-247-7948.
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Torrance, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Lomita and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.