Writing for a compounded medication is straight forward – the most complex part is choosing the active pharmaceutical ingredient(s) (API) and the dosage form.
Ensure the prescription contains, at a minimum, the following:
- It is important that all prescriptions begin with the title ‘Compounded Medication’
- State that we may compound the prescription
- Write the generic name & strength / dose of each API
- Choose the dosage form & quantity desired
- Provide directions for use
Be sure to reference the sample prescription outlined below. If you have any questions on writing a compounded medication prescription or need compounding suggestions, please feel free to give us a call 310-539-1750.