Millions of Americans who are severely obese and have endured extended weight-related health issues might find solace and respite through weight loss surgery, also referred to as bariatric surgery or metabolic surgery. This procedure can generate considerable weight reduction as well as medical conditions that are usually linked to obesity. Although there are a few varieties of bariatric surgery, they all to a degree reduce the size of the small intestine and/or stomach, helping with weight loss by suppressing the appetite and limiting the absorption of calories.
At American Integrative, we strive to provide you with the resources to overcome the challenges associated with bariatric surgery. Our medical team is well-versed in the long-term effects of the procedure, and our goal is to offer medications and supplements that can help you on your weight loss journey. We collaborate with your surgeon, as well as your support system, to formulate customized medications and supplements that address your medical and nutritional needs, while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
What Advantages Does a Compounding Pharmacy Like American Integrative Offer for Bariatric Medications?
Your weight reduction endeavor is special to you, so it’s vital that the medications and supplements you take are personalized to fit your personal medical and dietary needs. All of the products we provide are compounded with the best components and come in different preparations, so you can be certain you’re getting the proper medications in the appropriate dosages. We can assist you in overcoming the lasting difficulties that arise from your weight loss surgery by:
- Crafting liquids, sublingual, or chewable drugs instead of capsules or tablets that could be difficult to swallow or absorb
- Steering clear of additives like sugars or sugar alcohols that may not be tolerated
- Evaluating medication dosages regularly to compensate for weight loss and malabsorption issues
- Designing vitamin and nutrient supplements to cater to individual dietary needs
- Making immediate-release medications instead of extended-release versions that could worsen absorption issues
- Offering topical NSAID pain-relief ointments to replace oral aspirin and NSAIDs which can increase risk of ulcers
- Cooperating with your doctor to constantly assess medication requirements due to the potential reduction of chronic health concerns like Type 2 Diabetes
Achieving weight loss is not a simple task and bariatric surgery is an effective way to assist you in that endeavor. However, keeping up with the necessary dietary and lifestyle changes in the long term is hard. American Integrative is here to help you and make sure you have the right support system so that you can reach your weight-loss goal!
California Pharmacy’s Online Compound Prescriptions
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Torrance, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Lomita and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.