What are the benefits of a Compounding Pharmacy?
In recent years, the role of compounding pharmacy has been increasingly recognized by physicians and patients alike. Some of the pharmacies have focused on innovation and continually introduce new and promising compounded solutions where mass manufactured medications may not prove to be of much help.
A compounding pharmacy has the ability combine one or more active ingredients into a customized treatment to match with the specific needs of an individual patient.
American Integrative Pharmacy, led by Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides compounded medications to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and all the way from one side of the country to the other.
A professional compounding pharmacy will formulate specially created combinations of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients according to the exact prescription of a doctor. These formulations are created in custom dosage forms, such as capsules, creams, gels, drops, lozenges, suppositories, and other forms as needed by a patient.
Some of the key benefits of compounding pharmacy include:
- Doctors can prescribe medications specific to the unique needs of their patient instead of having the limitation of standardized, commercially available dosages, strengths and forms.
- As the prescriptions can be customized to meet the patient’s specific needs, chances of side effects are lower.
- Doctors can more easily adjust or fine-tune the dose or prescription as the patient’s requirements change, or match the patient’s preferences and absorption abilities.
- Easier administering and compliance of medications is possible with compounded prescriptions. For instance, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the compounding pharmacist may be able to turn the medication into a liquid or topical formulation.
- Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for improved patient compliance and convenience.
- Sensitive patients can have access to preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions.
- Flavoring can be added to make the medications more palatable, particularly for children and pets.
Leading compounding pharmacies follow the standards and regulations determined by the U.S. Pharmacopeia, National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and State Boards of Pharmacy for quality assurance and precision. American Integrative Pharmacy is committed to following the industry’s highest quality standards of compounded medications.
One of the strengths of compounding pharmacies is their ability to customize medications according to the patient’s specific needs. Advanced technology and innovations in compounding have enabled healthcare providers to work closely with pharmacists to create medications that are individualized in terms of formulation, dosage strength, flavor, and delivery form to create more effective outcomes and increased compliance.
Compounding pharmacies can create customized formulations in specific areas such as sports medicine where athletes often have unique needs and want to achieve faster results. A concrete and perceptive compounding pharmacist can provide custom combinations to address nerve pain, formulate specific topical antifungal drugs, or create specialized preparations to treat blisters and calluses.
Pharmacists can closely engage with medical practitioners and the patient to prepare compounded medications in strengths and delivery systems that are just appropriate for the patient’s bodily needs. The magnificent and sparkling AIP also provides online prescription refills to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, and other Southern California areas and in every state in the union.
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Lomita, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Torrance and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.