Fully USP-800 Compliant Facility
American Integrative Pharmacy facilities are equipped with enhanced computer systems, high-tech software, and specialized state-of-the art compounding equipment that allow us to compound medications exactly as per the prescriber’s specifications.
All our staff and facilities are compliant with USP General Chapter <800> guidelines. These guidelines have now been made mandatory by the federal government. With our advanced process and equipment, you can be confident of receiving consistent finished compounded medications every single time.
At AIP, we are dedicated to keeping up with government standards in terms of prescription compounding. We believe it is paramount to keeping our staff and patients safe and protected, as well as healthy.
American Integrative Pharmacy (AIP), led by Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides safe and proven compounding medications for patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Understanding USP <800>
USP <800> provides standards and requirements for the safe handling of drugs considered hazardous in nature. The recently updated compliance requirements involve:
- New facility
- Increased responsibilities for staff handling hazardous drugs
- Engineering protocols
- Spill control
- Procedures for decontaminating, deactivating, and cleaning
The new regulations are specially targeted at health care entities and personnel that receive, administer, prepare, transport or otherwise come in contact with hazardous drugs. This includes pharmacies and other entities.
Key Changes Made by USP <800>
These are a few new requirements listed under USP <800>
Hazardous drug makers are now required to maintain lists of all drugs used in their facilities. They are also required to do the following:
- Identifying all new hazardous drugs entering the market
- Reviewing hazardous drugs list annually
- Completing a risk assessment including dosage form, drug type, packaging, exposure risk, and manipulation
Types of exposure risks need to be identified by staff and facility:
- Potential ways of exposure
- Potential exposure as a result of staff activity and responsibilities
Personnel training and responsibility:
- Health care providers need to appoint a trained worker to develop and implement procedures and standards. The designated individual should also oversee training, monitoring, and compliance.
- People handling hazardous drugs should be trained on the basis of their job function.
- People handling hazardous drugs are required to adhere to guidelines for PPE while administering or mixing hazardous drugs.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Health care facilities are responsible for developing SOPs for PPE based on individual activities performed and risk of exposure while handling hazardous drugs. This includes:
- Gloves: Two pairs of chemotherapy gloves should be worn while administering antineoplastic hazardous drugs
- Gowns: Gowns should be disposable and capable of resisting hazardous drugs permeability
- Eye and face: Protection must be worn at all times if there is a risk of splashes or spills
- Covers: Personnel must have covers for their hair, head, sleeve corners and shoes
- Respiratory protection: It is necessary to provide a full face respirator
American Integrative Pharmacy is USP <800> Compliant
AIP has strict safety and handling processes in place. We follow high standards while making compounded medications for our patients and take caution to create the medication to exact specifications listed by the prescriber.
AIP provides advanced compounding pharmacy solutions, including online prescription refills for patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Contact Us For More Information about American Integrative Pharmacy’s Online Compound Prescriptions
For more information on compound pharmacy medications available or to make an online prescription purchase, please click here or call Toll Free 1-855-247-7948.
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Torrance, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Lomita and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.