At American Integrative Pharmacy, we have an effective intervention for acute and chronic sinusitis that is unique to our pharmacy called BEGI. It’s gentle on the mucosal membrane inside the nasal cavity and yet it prevents fungal and bacteria components from multiplying and offers expedient relief of often painful sinusitis symptoms.
American Integrative Pharmacy (AIP), led by Dr. Neema Yazdanpanah, provides safe and proven compounding medications to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
Overview of Chronic Sinusitis
Chronic sinusitis takes place when the space inside your head and nose (sinuses) gets inflamed or swollen for three months or more despite treatment. This is a common condition which interferes with the way mucus drains normally. It also makes your nose stuffy and breathing may become difficult. The area around your eyes may appear tender or swollen.
Chronic sinusitis can be the result of an infection. It can also be because of nasal polyps (growth in the sinuses) or swelling of the sinus lining. The condition is also known as chronic rhinosinusitis and can affect both children and adults.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
These are a few common signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis:
- Runny nose with a thick discolored discharge
- Nasal inflammation
- Postnasal drainage which refers to drainage down the back of the throat
- Stuffy, congested, or blocked nose causing difficulty in breathing
- Tenderness, pain, and swelling around the cheeks, nose, eyes, and forehead
- Reduced sense of taste and smell
Common Causes of Sinusitis
These are a few common causes of sinusitis:
- Deviated nasal septum: Septum is the wall between the nostrils. Deviated or crooked septum may block or restrict sinus passages making the sinusitis worse.
- Nasal polyps: Tissue growth in the form of polyps can block sinuses or nasal passages.
- Other medical conditions: Complications of conditions, like HIV, cystic fibrosis, and other immune system-related disease can result in nasal blockage.
- Respiratory tract infection: Common colds or other infections in the respiratory tract can thicken and inflame your sinus membranes. It can also block mucus drainage. These infections can be the result of bacteria and viruses.
- Allergies: Inflammation can be the result of allergies, such as hay fever, that may block your sinus
These are a few treatment options for chronic sinusitis:
- Nasal corticosteroids: These are nasal sprays that help in preventing and treating inflammation. Examples include budesonide, fluticasone, triamcinolone, beclomethasone, and mometasone among others. Your doctor may recommend a rinsing solution of saline mixed with budesonide drops if sprays are not effective. Nasal mist is an effective treatment option as well.
- Saline nasal irrigation: This can be done with nasal solutions and sprays for reducing drainage and rinsing away allergies and irritants.
- Injected or oral corticosteroids: These are medications that are used for relieving inflammation from severe sinusitis. They are particularly helpful if you have nasal polyps.
- Allergy drugs: Allergy medications may be prescribed if they are the cause of acute sinusitis.
- Antifungal treatment: This helps if the sinusitis is because of fungal infection.
- Medication for treating chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps: Your doctor will give you an injection of omalizumab or dupilumab if you have chronic sinusitis or nasal polyps. These medications are helpful in reducing the size of nasal polyps. They also lessen congestion.
AIP provides advanced compounding pharmacy solutions, including online prescription refills to patients in Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles, South Bay Orange County, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Southern California areas, and online nationwide.
California Pharmacy’s Online Compound Prescriptions
American Integrative Pharmacy is located in Torrance, CA serving residents in and around Orange County, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Lomita and surrounding areas. Online prescription sales are available across the US.